Thank you for considering St Laurence Church Infant School for your child.
This page contains information about the admissions process. Under normal circumstances we encourage prospective parents to visit the school and have a look around and find out all about us. Unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment, so we have prepared this ‘virtual tour’:
General Admissions Process
Our admissions process is part of the Local Authority co-ordinated scheme. Application forms are available from the Local Authority in the Autumn before admission.
For more information, see the Birmingham City Council School Admissions web page.
The school’s admission number is 90. Where the number of applications is lower than the school’s admission number, all applicants will be admitted. If there are more applications than places available, then all applications will be considered, together and at one time, by a committee of the Governing Body.
If the number of applications for a particular year group exceeds the number of places available the following criteria will be used:
- Looked after or previously looked after children.
- Children who have a brother or sister who will still be attending either the Infant or Junior School at the date of admission.
- Children who attend St Laurence Church, Northfield with their parent(s) for Sunday Worship.
- Children who attend another Trinitarian Church with their parent(s) for Sunday Worship, and who normally live with a parent(s) whose home is within the Parish of St Laurence Church,
- Children who normally live with a parent(s) whose home is within the Parish of St Laurence Church, Northfield. Details of parish boundaries are available from the School Office.
- Other children.
a) by child and parent* at a Sunday service or other service (minimum of 20) These need to be normal Sunday Services (including Rise and Shine) or other Occasional Special Services e.g. Good Friday, Christmas and other services which will be advertised in advance as being ‘qualifying services’.
b) by a parent* at an ‘Exploring Faith’ course.
*Parent – normally this would be the parent or guardian of the child but in exceptional circumstances one could be another nominated adult who is agreed by the Church and School. A register, which is held in Church, must be signed. A Supplementary Information Form is required under this category.
Criterion 4 – At least 26 attendances are required for the twelve months prior to the child’s admission. For admission to Reception at the start of the academic year, 26 attendances are required between 1 January and 31 December during the year before the September start date. A Supplementary Information Form is required under this category.