The St. Laurence Church schools were founded in 1714 by Dr William Worth, Rector of Northfield. They are thought to be the oldest church schools in Birmingham. Since that time the schools have provided a Christian education for the people of Northfield and surrounding parishes. In many local families, several generations have attended the schools.
Over the years the schools have expanded to their present three forms of entry, giving a school roll of 270 in the Infant School and 360 in the Junior School. The Junior School moved to its present spacious site in 1964 and the Infant School in 1972.
The schools are Voluntary Aided and have a close relationship with the lovely old St Laurence Church.
St. Laurence Church Infant School has a strong sense of Christian purpose, which is reflected in relationships, worship and our general school ethos.